13 From 2013
Here's 13 songs from the year that's moments away from stumbling out the back door on it's way to an ironic twerking themed NYE party. Urgh, what-a-fucking-year right? At least the bloody music was good. A fact clearly evident by this list of songs...
- Summer Flake - Drag You Down
- Dick Diver - Water Damage
- Bed Wettin' Bad Boys - Any Day Now
- Courtney Barnett - Avant Gardener
- Restorations - D
- Dollar Bar - Everyone's Everyone's
- Drake - Tuscan Leather
- Kurt Vile - Wakin' On A Pretty Day
- Perfect Pussy - I
- TV Colours - Bad Dreams
- Unity Floors - Holy Hell
- Palms - This Last Year
- Songs: Ohia - I've Been Riding With The Ghost
This podcast also features Barry Award-nominated musical man, Matt "Jokes" Banham, generously lending his worldly expertise on topics such as Cold Chisel, Holden and Adelaide. All of which was edited out. Unfortunately. However, in it's place there's a 45 minute conversation about Drake's historical significance, a faultless James Blake impersonation from "the next Flume", Footy Shorts, and some general promotion for Matt's upcoming 4-track EP — due out in 2016.
Thanks for the Web Hits in 2013. See ya in a few.